When it works the way it should, the alternator takes the mechanical energy from the engine and converts it to electrical energy. This energy powers your vehicle’s electrical or electronic components and keeps the battery charged to do its work.
Signs that your car might need alternator replacement are:
- A red dash warning light or message
- Slow cranking when starting
- A battery that won’t stay charged
- Lights that dim while driving
While some of the above could be a sign of a different issue, charging and starting diagnosis from Dale’s auto repair can pinpoint the actual problem. If an alternator replacement is needed, be aware that alternator quality varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.
For help budgeting your car repair dollars, we can provide a quote using a less expensive as well as a more expensive alternator. Remember, less expensive parts are often lower quality and in many cases come with a shorter warranty. You usually get what you pay for.
The quote may include replacing your car battery if it is nearing the end of its life. A weak battery can put extra load on the alternator and end up shortening its life.
Our ASE certified technicians are skilled in charging and starting diagnosis as well as alternator replacement. Call, stop by, or request and appointment online if your vehicle is having difficulty starting.
Advantages of auto repair service at Dale’s Auto Care:
- Napa AutoCare Center
- Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Over 470 SureCritic Customer Reviews
- ASE Certified Technicians and Mechanics
- 24 month / 24,000 Mile National Warranty
- Accepted by Most Extended Warranty Providers
- Conveniently Located in Boise Near the Airport